Communications priorities for YouthRISE Nigeria include: (1) building the advocacy and communications of thematic areas of the organization; (2) achieving greater visibility for issues related to Drug Policy, Human Rights, HIV& Sexual Reproductive Health, Youth and Community Development, in relations to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda and UNFPA’s work in the Asia-Pacific region to propel all these imperatives and associated initiatives and platforms through positive coverage in influential international, regional and national media, including in donor countries, as well as online and via social media; (3) leveraging the impact of YouthRISE NiGERIA supported work by disseminating results to appropriate stakeholders including media; and (4) expanding the reach of the YouthRISE Nigeria website, social media and supporting initiatives to improve the organisation’s internal communications.
Scope of Work:
Purpose of the Internship The intern will assist the YouthRISE Nigeria Communications team through the scope of work as described below.
The intern will be responsible for:
Organizing communications materials –
- Assist in collecting, organising, selecting and making use of powerful images on social media.
- Assist in organising, selecting and making good use of film/video footage on social media and in feature stories
Content generation and social media
- Assist in creating simple but effective photo quotes and infographics for social media.
- Assist in locating social media focused content from YouthRISE Nigeria program focus.
- Assist in identifying and curating impact stories from project beneficiaries and collecting relevant information and products to promote them.
General tasks ;
- Support program teams to prepare materials and content for major activities, launches, and media outreach.
- Support and collaborate to Technical, Programme and Teams, including preparation and proofreading of documents, and helping with correspondence and research.
The internship will be for a period of twelve months , with remuneration. The duty station is FCT, Abuja.
- Currently enrolled in or having completed a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Media and Communications, Public Health, International Relations, Law or related fields;
- Proven experience in social media management, content creation, campaign promotion or related scope
Demonstrable skills in analytical thinking, communication and research;
- Written and spoken proficiency as well as good writing and editing skills in English;
- Proficient in digital marketing tools;
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure within an international setting;
- Ability to adapt to new environments and to establish and maintain good working relations with individuals of different cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative tasks.
NB: The intern will work under the primary supervision of the Advocacy Programs Manager, and interact on a daily basis with the wider Communications team and other YouthRISE Nigeria colleagues.
Applicants should indicate interesting by contacting the organisation via Hr@youthriseng.org.
(Applications deadline is April 20th , 2022)