Title: Finance Assistant
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
Duty Station: FCT
Scope of Work
Working under the guidance of the Executive director and direct supervision of the Finance Lead, the Finance Assistant will support YouthRISE Nigeria institutional program, project implementation and related financial efforts by assisting efficiently and effectively in financial and administrative services.
The Finance Assistant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all income and expenditures.
- Receives and lodges income and keeps records of such.
- Undertake the receipt and payment of funds as directed.
- Advises on the status of expenditures payable.
- Assist in Posting petty cash expenditures, payment vouchers and other financial transactions into the organization’s software database and ensures that they are backed up periodically.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly Bank Reconciliation statement.
- Assist in the preparation of the organization’s financial reports (monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Assembles data and prepares periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence.
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepares trial balance and maintains general ledgers using software provided by the organization.
- Assist in the preparation of schedules of accounts.
- Maintain project inventory.
- Facilitate the procurement of commodities and other items as might be required.
- Carrying out random checks to ensure financial obligations and documentation are observed.
- Assist in the review and monitor project performance and make recommendations to improve performance in relation to Financial Management.
- Carry out other functions as assigned by the supervisor and the organization leadership.
Qualifications / Competencies
The Finance Assistant must have a minimum of bachelor´s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Business Management, or other relevant fields.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the financial management of donor-funded programmes or projects, procurement, sub-contracting, budgeting, financial reporting, and administration of resources.
- At least 2 years relevant continuous work experience in finance and administrative functions.
- Advanced knowledge of the non-profit organization operations is required.
- Knowledge of accounting, auditing and financial reporting systems and software packages.
- Ability to advise and disseminate financial management knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on timelines.
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of financial reports and budget variance analysis
- Additional work experience with national and/or international non-governmental organizations will be an added advantage.
Key Competencies to Note:
- The employee will be required to work directly with key and vulnerable populations and at high risk of / living with HIV, gender, and human rights violations in a limited resource environment.
- Adaptability: Adapt to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands’ changes approach or method that best fit the situation and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Cultural Sensitivity: respect the cultural environment in which a person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory: do not discriminate against persons on any basis.
- Ethical: act professionally and maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to function effectively and collaboratively in a team.
- Strong analytical capabilities and proven skills to deal with Financial Management issues innovatively and independently.
- Work experience with MS Office applications is a must.
Interested applicants should forward a Cover letter and CV with at least 3 professional references (name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference) to Recruitment@youthriseng.org with the Subject Line “Finance Assistant Application” on/before 31st March 2023. Reference must include the last place worked.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. YouthRISE Nigeria does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.