Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
Duty Station: Akwa Ibom State
Scope of Work
Working under the guidance of the Executive director and direct supervision of the M & E manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will support YouthRISE Nigeria institutional program, project implementation and related research, documentation and learning efforts.
The M&E Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct field and facility data collection, on-spot verification, and provision of mentoring support to outreach staff.
- Perform data collation and entry.
- Organize and maintain data & data products- ensuring their update, storage, and retrieval in files and e-database
- Conduct fundamental analysis and support the development of periodic reports.
- Support data exchange in organizational and national databases
- Support data validation, system improvement, and Data Audit/ Quality Assessment operations
- Support the development/ review of the M&E plan, framework, and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the management of the institutional program.
- Use the outcome of (f) above to carry out continuous quality improvement exercises.
- Support the conduct of research and assessments exercise.
- Support documentation and development of briefs, factsheets and publication
- Represent YouthRISE Nigeria in external meetings and support stakeholder engagement.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the organization’s management.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Management, Social Sciences, Statistics, Health Science, Information management, Computer, Mathematics, International development, or other relevant fields.
- At least 3 years of professional experience working with an NGO, especially on donor-funded projects.
- Experience in data analysis, development of fact sheets and production of results-focused reports.
- Experience working with key and vulnerable populations, coordinating agencies of government and stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience working on HIV prevention, Care and Support Programs targeting adolescents and key populations will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate integrity by modelling YouthRISE Nigeria’s values and ethics.
- Adaptability: Adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands, changes in approach or method that best fits the situation and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events in line with established timelines.
- Cultural Sensitivity: respect the cultural environment in which a person is working and not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory: do not discriminate against persons on any basis.
- Ethical: act professionally and maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with clients’ information, data, or information products.
- Applying expertise
- Delivering results
- Knowledge management and leadership.
- Being accountable
- Communicating with Impact
- Working in teams
- Driving change and innovation
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
Interested applicants should forward a Cover letter and CV with at least 3 professional references (name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference) to Recruitment@youthriseng.org with the Subject Line “Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – Location, e.g. Monitoring & Evaluation Officer- Lagos” on/before 6th April 2023. Reference must include the last place worked.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. YouthRISE Nigeria does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.