MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
Scope of Work
Working under the guidance of the Executive director and direct supervision of the M & E manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will support YouthRISE Nigeria institutional program, project implementation and related research, documentation and learning efforts.
The M&E Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct field and facility data collection, on-spot verification, and provision of mentoring support to outreach staff
- Perform data collation and entry
- Organize and maintain data & data products- ensuring its update, storage, and retrieval in files and e-database
- Conduct basic analysis and support the development of periodical reports
- Support data exchange in organizational and national databases
- Support data validation, system improvement, and Data Audit/ Quality Assessment operations
- Support the development/ review of M&E plan, framework, and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for management of the institutional program
- Use the outcome of (f) above to carry out continuous quality improvement exercise
- Support the conduct of research and assessments exercise
- Support documentation and development of briefs and publication
- Represent YouthRISE Nigeria in external meetings and support stakeholder engagement.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
This position is for twelve months.
This position is based in FCT Abuja.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Management, Social Sciences, Statistics, Health Science, Information management, Computer, Mathematics, International development, or other relevant fields.
- At least 3 years of professional experience working with an NGO especially on donor funded project.
- Experience data analysis, development of fact sheet and production of results-focused reports.
- Experience working with key and vulnerable populations, coordinating agencies of government and stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience working on HIV prevention, Care and Support Programs targeting adolescents and key populations will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate integrity by modelling YouthRISE Nigeria’s values and ethics.
- Adaptability: Adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands, changes approach or method that best fits the situation and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events in line with established timelines.
- Cultural Sensitivity: respect the cultural environment in which a person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory: do not discriminate against persons on any basis.
- Ethical: act professionally and maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with clients’ information, data, or information products.
Functional Competencies and skills:
- High level of attention to detail and capacity to deliver high quality work.
- Knowledge management and leadership.
- Excellent in proposal writing and fundraising.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment, including the willingness to share information and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skill
- Excellent team-building, and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on timelines.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter, CV with a list of at least 3 professional references (name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference) to Hr@youthriseng.org. Reference must include the last place worked.
(Applications deadline is February 15th, 2022)
Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.