Duration of Contract: 10 Months
Duty Station: Akwa-Ibom State
Scope of Work
Working under the guidance and direct supervision of the State Program Office, the Nurse will be responsible for the implementation, development, organization, co-ordination, and management of clinical aspects of YouthRISE programs and associated projects.
The Nurse will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct community mapping.
- Organize and manage Individual, group, and family counselling, therapies and support groups.
- Conduct aftercare, follow up and Reintegration. Assist in client tracking and retention in care.
- Participate in outreach, home visits, and community engagement activities
- Enhance referrals to other services.
- Requisition of appropriate medication and its management
- Write clinical reports (Monthly, Quarterly, Annually)
- Provide timely access to HIV prevention, testing, treatment care, and support services and as well as commodity uptake for clients.
- Provide clinical care services such as Vital signs, review of client’s record, wound care, mental health and psychosocial support, etc.
- Management of clients’ data as well as proper documentation and reporting.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor/Organization
Applicable BSN/RN or its equivalent in Nursing or a related discipline.
- Four or more years of experience in clinical and case management
- Must be a registered Nurse/CHEW;
- At least 2 years of work experience in substance use management and working with key population
- License to practice
- Exceptional skills in leadership, time management, facilitation, and organization
- Knowledge and Working experience in the area of harm reduction.
Skills and Competencies:
- Achieving Results
- Being Accountable
- Developing & Applying Professional Expertise
- Thinking Analytically & Strategically
- Working in Teams
- Communicating for Impact
- Confidential and Empathetic
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Providing conceptual innovation to enhance/strengthen programme effectiveness
- Generating, managing and promoting the use of knowledge and information
Interested applicants should forward a Cover letter and CV with at least 3 professional references (name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference) to Recruitment@youthriseng.org with the Subject Line “Nurse Application” on/before 14th July 2023. Reference must include the last place worked.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. YouthRISE Nigeria does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.