Title: Program Manager
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
Duty Station: Lagos State
Scope of Work
Working under the guidance of the Executive director and direct supervision of the Gender Program Advisor, the Program Manager will be responsible for the implementation, development, organization, coordination, and management of YouthRISE programs and associated projects.
The Program Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage program and project teams for optimal return on investment and coordinate project activities.
- Oversee, monitor and evaluate the project in liaison with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Submit monthly reports to the Organization’s management and attend regular supervision meetings to present ongoing work and progress to the management; Ensures timely and proper implementation of the project.
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance; highlight relevant operational factors affecting the projects’ sites and response efforts as required for internal and external use, conducts field visits.
- Provide substantive support to meetings and conferences including proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposing participants, preparing background documents and presentations, and supporting administrative aspects;
- Conduct consultations and advocacy meetings with government agencies, health service providers, civil society partners and other stakeholders to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of harm reduction activities.
- Support advocacy and visibility strategy of the project by contributing to the creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the projects, and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
- Coordinate and/or contribute to the preparation of reports of activities, including Policy Dialogues reports, policy briefs, concept notes, etc.
- Establish performance measures, collect, and analyze performance information, plan and manage evaluations, and share the report of such to the management on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare program progress reports (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual) based on a structured M&E plan; Establish linkages with other referral services, Stakeholders, CSOs, and other core partners.
- Assume overall responsibility for the proper handling of logistics related to project workshops and events.
- Assist in identifying funding sources for the replication of activities in additional areas than these that the Project focuses on, ultimately aiming at the expansion of activities.
- Explore new opportunities and seek out new partnerships for YouthRISE Nigeria and the success of the project goal.
- Perform other functions as required by the organization.
Applicable master’s degree in business management, Social Sciences or a related discipline
- Seven or more years of experience in program management
- Experience developing results frameworks, logical frameworks, or similar tools for project design is required.
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis, project design, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of development activities.
- Exceptional skills in leadership, time management, facilitation, and organization
- Knowledge and Working experience in the area of harm reduction
- Experience in programme advocacy/communication
- Working experience with people who use drugs
- Achieving Results
- Being Accountable
- Developing & Applying Professional Expertise
- Thinking Analytically & Strategically
- Working in Teams
- Communicating for Impact
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Providing conceptual innovation to enhance/strengthen programme effectiveness
- Generating, managing and promoting the use of knowledge and information
- Facilitating quality programmatic results
Interested applicants should forward a Cover letter and CV with at least 3 professional references (name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference) to Recruitment@youthriseng.org with the Subject Line “Program Manager Application” on/before 6th April 2023. Reference must include the last place worked.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. YouthRISE Nigeria does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.