Scope of Work
The Project Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities;
i. Support the government in the implementation of school-based SRH program.
ii. Work with Local Government Staffs to implement local actions against GBV
iii. Support the planning, designing and delivery of project activities.
iv. Manage project activities and budget implementation
v. Prepare regular reports to track progress and ensure project deliverables are being met
vi. Build the capacity of selected stakeholders on gender-based violence prevention
vii. support the establishment of a system at the local level to address gender-based violence
This position is based in Abuja and for a period of one year. Expected start date is January 2021.
Qualifications / Competencies
Minimum of a First degree or equivalent in Management, Social Sciences, Humanities, health science, international development, social sciences or other relevant fields.
· At least 3 years of progressive work experience undertaking project management, research, evaluation functions
· Proven ability to draft, edit and produce results-focused reports.
· Proven experience working with Government, civil society, international organizations and donors.
· Experience working with civil society organizations with focus on HIV prevention, Care and Support Programs targeting adolescents, young people and key populations especially.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in budget and financial management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently
Reporting and Supervision
The Project Officer will work directly with the Technical Advisor on assigned task. The Project officer will work under the overall supervision of the Executive Director.
To apply please email a CV and Cover Letter with subject ‘Project Officer’ to firstname.lastname@example.org