Title: Project Officer
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
Duty Station: Lagos State
Scope of Work
Working under the guidance of the Gender Programs Advisor and direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Project Officer will support YouthRISE Nigeria’s institutional program, project implementation and related research, documentation and learning efforts.
The Project Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage project teams for optimal return on investment and coordinate project activities.
- Support consultations and advocacy meetings with government agencies, health service providers, civil society partners and other stakeholders to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of harm reduction activities.
- Conduct field and facility data collection, on-spot verification, and provision of mentoring support to outreach staff.
- Organize and maintain data & data products- ensuring their update, storage, and retrieval in files and e-database
- Develop a plan in encouraging clients to visit the DIC and access services.
- Facilitating the formation of self-support groups in the DIC.
- Provide substantive support to meetings and conferences including proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposing participants, preparing background documents and presentations, and supporting administrative aspects;
- Establish linkages with other referral services, Stakeholders, CSOs, and other core partners.
- Conduct fundamental analysis and support the development of periodic reports.
- Support data exchange in organizational and national databases
- Support data validation, system improvement, and Data Audit/ Quality Assessment operations
- Support the development/ review of the M&E plan, framework, and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the management of the institutional program.
- Support the conduct of research and assessments exercise.
- Support documentation and development of briefs, factsheets and publication
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the organization’s management.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Management, Social Sciences, Statistics, Health Science, Information management, Computer, Mathematics, International development, or other relevant fields.
- At least 3 years of professional experience working with an NGO, especially on donor-funded projects.
- Experience in data analysis, development of fact sheets and production of results-focused reports.
- Experience working with key and vulnerable populations, coordinating agencies of government and stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience working on HIV prevention, Care and Support Programs targeting adolescents and key populations will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate integrity by modelling YouthRISE Nigeria’s values and ethics.
- Adaptability: Adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands, changes in approach or method that best fits the situation and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events in line with established timelines.
- Cultural Sensitivity: respect the cultural environment in which a person is working and not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory: do not discriminate against persons on any basis.
- Ethical: act professionally and maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with clients’ information, data, or information products.
- Applying expertise
- Delivering results
- Knowledge management and leadership.
- Being accountable
- Communicating with Impact
- Working in teams
- Driving change and innovation
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
Interested applicants should forward a Cover letter and CV with at least 3 professional references (name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference) to Recruitment@youthriseng.org with the Subject Line “Project Officer –Lagos” on/before 6th April 2023. Reference must include the last place worked.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. YouthRISE Nigeria does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.