Scope of Work
Working under the guidance of the Executive director and direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Care and Support Officer will support YouthRISE Nigeria institutional program, project implementation and related research, documentation and learning efforts.
The Care & Support Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate HTS and mobile outreach programs
- Ensure required commodities such as test kits, condoms, lubricants and STI drugs are available when needed
- Document a directory of HIV service centres currently available in the Project area.
- Ensure reactive clients who are on ARVs keep to their appointment time and adhere to treatment as well.
- Provide technical and programmatic support primarily in the areas of HIV prevention, Community based HIV Care & Support for project beneficiaries affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Support in HIV prevention awareness creation, community mobilization for HIV counselling and testing, HIV/TB care and support, and PMTCT, improving referral and counter-referral systems between communities and the facility.
- Support the implementation of evidence-based interventions aimed at addressing HIV risk behaviours, HIV transmission, and gender-based violence with a focus on adolescent girls and young female caregivers.
- Provide technical support and ensure program activities improve access to HIV prevention and care services among project beneficiaries and their caregivers in project communities.
- Ensure proper documentation of all program activities implemented including ensuring beneficiaries provided with relevant HIV services are entered into NOMIS.
- Facilitate /Support the formation and regular meetings of beneficiary support groups in project communities.
- Ensure prompt enrollment and referral of all identified cases.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Timeline & Location
This position is based in Niger state. It is a twelve (12) month appointment and the contract will commence with an initial 3-month probationary period.
Qualifications / Competencies
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Public health or relevant fields.
- At least 2 years of professional experience working with an NGO especially on donor-funded projects.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in implementing HIV Prevention, Care and Support programs.
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counselling programs in health facilities, mobile units and community outreaches.
- Familiarity with PWID programming and principles.
- Ability to multitask and deliver on timelines.
- Experience working with key and vulnerable populations.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities.
Key Competencies to Note:
- The employee will be required to work directly with key and vulnerable populations at high risk of / living with HIV, gender, and human rights violations in resource constraint settings.
- Adaptability: Adapt to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands, changes approach or method that best fits the situation and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity: respect the cultural environment in which a person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory: will not discriminate against persons on any basis.
- Ethical: acts professionally and maintains a high level of confidentiality in dealing with clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to function effectively and collaboratively in a team.
YouthRISE Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should forward a Letter of Motivation and CV with at least 3 professional references (name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the referees) to Hr@youthriseng.org with the Subject Line “Nurse Case Manager”
Application deadline is 21st January 2022.