Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Scope of Work
Working under the guidance of the M & E Manager and direct supervision of the M & E Officer, the Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will support YouthRISE Nigeria institutional program, project implementation and related research, documentation and learning efforts.
The M&E Assistant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
a) Assist the M &E Officer in the conduct of field and facility data collection, on-spot verification, and provision of mentoring support to outreach staff.
b) Perform data collation and entry into forms (summary) and register.
c) Assist in organizing and maintaining data & data products- ensuring its update, storage, and retrieval in files and e-database.
d) Assist in the conduct of basic analysis and support the development of periodical reports.
e) Support data exchange in organizational and national databases.
f) Support data validation, system improvement, and Data Audit/ Quality Assessment operations.
g) Support the development/ review of M&E plan, framework, and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for management of the institutional program.
h) Assist the M & E Officer in using the outcome of (f) above to carry out continuous quality improvement exercise.
i) Support the conduct of research and assessments exercise.
j) Support documentation and development of briefs and publication.
k) Represent YouthRISE Nigeria in external meetings and support stakeholder engagement and presentation make presentation on behalf of the organization at such for a with the approval of supervisors.
l) Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Timeline & Location
This position is based in FCT. It is a 6 months appointment and the contract will begin with an initial 3-month probationary period.
Qualifications / Competencies
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Management, Social Sciences, Statistics, Health science, Information management, Computer, Mathematics, International development, or other relevant fields.
• At least 3 years of professional experience working with an NGO especially on donor-funded projects.
• Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
• Experience data analysis, development of fact sheet t and production of results-focused reports.
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver on timelines.
• Experience working with key and vulnerable populations, coordinating agencies of government and stakeholders at all levels.
• Experience working on HIV prevention, Care and Support Programs targeting adolescents and key populations will be an added advantage.
Key Competencies to Note:
• The employee will be required to work directly with key and vulnerable populations and at high risk of / living with HIV, gender, and human rights violations in resource constraint settings.
Adaptability: Adapt to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands’ changes approach or method that best fit the situation and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Cultural Sensitivity: respect the cultural environment in which a person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
• Non-discriminatory: do not discriminate against persons on any basis.
• Ethical: act professionally and maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with clients.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to function effectively and collaboratively in a team. Gender Mainstreaming YouthRISE Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should forward a Letter of Motivation and CV with at least 3 professional references (name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference) to email@example.com with the Subject Line “M&E Officer Application” on/before 25th August 2022. One reference must be from the last position.