Research & Documentation Officer
Scope of Work
Under the overall supervision of the Technical director and direct supervision of the Executive director, the Research and Documentation Officer will support enhancing of YouthRISE Nigeria for research and documentation of achievements, outcomes and best practices.
Scope of the assignment
A Research and Documentation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities;
· – Develop appropriate data gathering techniques, interpret and analyze data and develop meaningful insights
· – Establish collaborations and partnerships with stakeholders;
· – Coordinate research activities to inform and enhance intervention strategies and build knowledge base;
· – Management of the Organization’s archive ensuring it is accessible and well equipped with research and programme documents;
· – Actively engage with the team in providing with topics for further analysis, research ideas and new ways to present concepts
· – Maintain a historical and up-to-date records of the activities/achievements of the YouthRISE Nigeria and its partners;
· – Support in preparation of promotional materials such as brochures and briefs for dissemination;
· – Support information campaigns through media and other public forums;
· – Ensure the Organization’s website is updated regularly with relevant publications;
· – Prepare regular reports to track the progress of project components to ensure schedules and deliverables are being met
· – Analyze data from the field and produce information/briefs to inform interventions, strategies and projects/programmes;
· – Support the creation of initiatives to develop research skills and productivity
· – Identify potential grantees and build strong relationships with them.
· – Assist in maintenance of research database and company website.
· – Coordinate with management in budget preparation and expense control activities.
· – Strengthen knowledge management capacity of the Organization;
· – Develop grant proposals and assist in grant completion and submission processes.
· – Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Technical director or Executive Director
This position is for a period of one year. Renewal is subject to funding.
Qualifications / Competencies
· Minimum of a master degree or equivalent in Management, Social Sciences, Diplomacy and International relations, Public Administration, international development or other relevant fields.
· At least 5 years of professional experience in research analysis/evaluation, documentation, records and information management.
Required Competencies and Skills
· Proficiency in written and spoken English.
· Proven ability to draft, edit and produce results-focused reports.
· Proven success in supporting proposal and manuscript development for health-related research projects
· Proven excellent analytical, report writing and organizational skills
· Excellent research and documentation skills
· Experience working with civil society organizations with focus on HIV prevention, Care and Support Programs targeting adolescents and key populations especially.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including coordination and effective working relations with stakeholders
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· High level of attention to detail and capacity to deliver high quality work.
· Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication and time management skill
· Creativity in the presentation of information through use of graphical, pictorial or other appropriate communication means
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications and other applicable software
· Excellent critical and creative thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
· Knowledge of best practices and trends in Research and Analysis
· Demonstrable competence in Time Management
· Knowledge of Research Methodologies
· Confidentiality, integrity and professionalism are displayed in the execution of duties and personal conduct.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a cover letter, CV and a list of at least 3 professional references (name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference) to email@example.com
Please quote “Research and Documentation Officer” on the subject line